Our job is to promote emotional wellbeing and provide treatment to children and young people with mental health needs living in the London Borough of Richmond
Richmond services offer assessment and treatment to children and young people with a range of moderate to severe mental health problems. Where appropriate a combination of approaches is used in line with the young person's needs and as agreed with the family through care planning. This service is for children, young people under 18 and their families who have a Richmond GP.
- Anxiety disorder in children
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Social anxiety disorder (social disorder)
- Psychotic episodes
The CAMHS Single Point of Access (SPA) team screen all referrals to ensure that the child or young person is directed to the most appropriate service, including completing telephone screenings with the family, relevant professionals, or face-to-face assessments as deemed appropriate. We cannot offer assessments for all referrals, so request that referrers please complete all referral questions on the form, including demographics and risk details.
The referral may be accepted to one of our Tier 3 CAMHS services, or for the Emotional Health Service (Tier 2 CAMHS Services) within Achieving for Children. We also accept referrals on behalf of local youth counselling services and may signpost young people and their families to other local support services and resources.
Services offered include:
- Assessment of moderate to severe mental health conditions, formulation/diagnosis and recommendations for treatment.
- Safety risk assessment and risk management plans to support children and young people presenting with mental health difficulties
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Group Sessions
- Family therapy
- Psychoeducation and parent work
- Medication advice, prescribing, and monitoring
- Consultations and network meetings with other professionals
Professionals, parents, carers and children and young people can make a referral to the CAMHS SPA.
All other professional referrers or parent/family to refer directly to our CAMHS SPA by downloading our referral form and emailing this into our Kingston & Richmond CAMHS SPA Referrals inbox: email@example.com
GP Practices should send referrals via the Electronic Referral Service (e-RS).
If you would like to make an enquiry prior to making a referral you can call the CAMHS SPA on 020 8547 6171. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
If you are concerned that a child or young person may have an eating disorder, it is recommended to make a direct referral to the CAMHS Eating Disorder Service.
Please note, if you are already open to one of our CAMHS services, please contact the appropriate team with any concerns or queries rather than make a new referral to CAMHS SPA.
All our referrals can be found under A-Z of services.