Our Trust wants to make the referral process as simple as possible. To find out more about how you can refer patients to our services please look at the individual services profiled in our services page.
The services are arranged alphabetically and provide detailed referral information, a list of conditions treated, profiles of who the service is for and the latest contact details including location maps.
We accept referrals from qualified professionals, including GPs, Accident and Emergency, and the Police.
Active Services on the e-Referral service
A number of our services are now active on eRS and we would encourage GPs to use this system when sending through referrals to these teams. The active teams using eRS are:
- Wandsworth SPA (for adults aged 18-74)
- Wandsworth CAMHS SPA (for children and young people up to the age of 18 years)
- Wandsworth Older People (for older people with mental health conditions aged and over for cognitive impairment. 75 and over for functional mental illness. Frailty as well as other physical health conditions are also taken into consideration where patients with a functional mental illness are below 75)
- Merton Assessment Team (for people with a serious mental health need)
- Merton CAMHS (mental health assessment and treatment for children, young people aged 5-18 and their families)
- Merton Older People (for people over the age of 65 with dementia or other organic illness and over the age of 75 with functional mental illness such as depression)
- Sutton Uplift (anyone aged 18 and over)
- Sutton CAMHS (mental health assessment and treatment for children, young people aged 5-18 and their families)
- Sutton Older People (for older people over the age of 75 experiencing a mental health problem)
Kingston and Richmond
- Kingston Older People (for older people aged 75 and over with a mental health problem but also accept referrals of younger people where frailty is of a level where their needs can be best met by this service, referrals to the Memory Service of people younger than 75 where memory is the primary concern, assess and treat people who already have a diagnosis of dementia who may have additional mental health symptoms)
- Richmond Older People (for people with mental health conditions aged 18 and over for cognitive impairment, 75 and over for functional mental illness; Frailty as well as other physical health conditions are also taken into consideration where patients with a functional mental illness are below 75)
- CAMHS SPA (for children and young people up to the age of 18 years)
Referrals only need to be sent via eRS and there is no requirement to resend the same referral via email as this does create additional work. We are using eRS for referrals only (not for correspondence letters) and we encourage that referrals include full demographic patient information i.e. gender/marital status and ethnicity as well as any relevant test results.