We provide assessment, treatment and interventions for a full range of mental illnesses, behavioural and psychological problems in adults with severe to profound hearing loss. We also work with Deaf people with visual impairment.
- 16-bed inpatient unit
- psychological therapies and assessment
- multi-disciplinary community team
- assertive outreach community support (London only).
We provide assessment, treatment and interventions for a full range of mental illness, behavioural and psychological problems in adult with severe to profound hearing loss. We also work with deaf people with visual impairment. Using psychosocial interventions and promoting recovery and social inclusion, we encourage user and carer involvement in creating care packages.
The team consists of:
- adult and learning disability psychiatrist
- mental health and learning disability nurses
- occupational and speech and language therapist
- social workers
- psychoanalytic psychotherapists and clinical and counselling psychologists
- community mental health nurses
- outreach workers (clinical case managers)
- Deaf community support workers
- admin and secretarial staff
We are a national tertiary service that provides specialist collaboration to a clients allocated secondary care services in the South of England. We provide specialist advice around assessment and treatment options for Deaf adults.