The Discharge Coordination team works in conjunction with internal and external partners such as social services, community teams, housing, voluntary agencies in supporting proactive discharge planning and timely discharge in line with expected dates of discharge.
Discharge coordinators identify any potential barriers to a patient's safe discharge and coordinate the actions that need to be taken to deal with these barriers. For example, if a patient is homeless we might need to refer to Housing or if a patient has social care needs, we might need to refer to Social Services or ask the care coordinator to complete this referral. Discharge Corodinators will discuss with the patient.
- Service Type: Acute and Urgent Care Services
- Service Contact: DischargeCoordinators@swlstg.nhs.uk
- Service Category: Inpatient
- Disabled access: Not applicable
- Address: South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust Trinity Building, Springfield University Hospital 15 Springfield Drive, London, SW17 0YF
- Reception hours: We work 8-4 or 9-5, Mon to Frid